Introduce Something New
This represents a shift from a traditional elicitation (BA/PM) role, to a design centric role leading and testing new ideas as part of a more comprehensive approach to project design.
A partial framework enabling the user/stakeholder/SME/team to contribute interactively to a more complete solution.
- Simple poster model, “We’re thinking about this idea”, describe in 2 minutes as a high level concept with benefits to user and organization
- What does the organization (commercial, academic, non-profit) value the most? (Test live with stakeholder SME-60 minute conversation)
- Uncover other benefits not initially understood (Co-author)
- Solution evolution
- Experience user in context of their physical environment (Not a sales pitch)
- Could be the output of an earlier meeting/workshop/design exercise
- Visualization vs. words
- Don’t take the time for a 30 slide power point presentation to start exploring ideas
(What is the next level of fidelity that can be sequenced and with what tools or technques?)
Card Sort Exercise
- For very specific market segment
- Large cards, physical engagement of participants (nice to have, distraction, good) on a table top
- Small groups (a few people)-eliminate social/organizational impediments
- Include some blank cards
A Different Approach
- Collaboration: Working together within the current existing structure to achieve enterprise goals
- Or create a new model/concept/idea and employ:
- Co-creation: Surround a challenge with experts, how can we solve this problem or develop this opportunity together?