- Concise one-time four hour facilitated workshop to capture objectives and associated initiatives, and surface clarity on impact, integration, gaps, options, resources, scope, timing, and sequence.
- Develop a deeper Systems Thinking understanding of how initiatives by function can/should be prioritized to deliver strategic impact on a major organizational program, and the importance of position/organization design to enable key resources to focus sufficient time to achieve quality results.
- Team understanding and alignment of entire annual activity scope created on a single white board
- Individual objectives can be stack-ranked by positive impact on organization if achieved (decide what we can and cannot accomplish)
- Cross-functional relationships between objectives are understood and prioritized, and integration activities can be sustained
- Resulting set of objectives are feasible and achievable in 12 or 24 month time frame and sustainable beyond.
- Measurable where possible with time, resource, and financial or other numeric metrics.
White board heading structure:
Resources| Initiative| Functional Support| Gap| Outsource| Criticality | When| New Role|
Leading to quality dialog and development of:
- Important action items (fewer, better, more specific)
- Goal prioritization by function (top five in context of cross functional impact)
- Role strategy and prioritization
- Risk assessment and contingency scenario planning
- Initiative decision capability and confidence including implementation impact assessment
- Opportunities for simplification or consolidation of organizational design
- New solution concept generation
- Future visioning and strategy at organization (mission) and functional level
- Change management discussion
- Short-term communication plan