Website Example High Level Objectives Summary
Instead of a linear list of requirements, context is essential to give meaning to the WBS for the team.
Why does the organization or stakeholder care or value the service/feature/capability, and what is the impact/benefit (financial, emotional, societal) to the individual or organization? By mapping objectives to project deliverables, with a validated articulation of impact forms the foundation for informed ranking or prioritization. Low value scope-creep feed by the inherent nature of stakeholder collection or elicitation can be exposed early in the process. Impact Mapping shows the team a visual chain of reasoning that led to defining a deliverable. This allows transparent examination of decisions at the start, and baseline to re-evaluate each as new information becomes available during the execution and monitoring phase.
Structured by stakeholder community with associated value-proposition, this is a non-graphical form of Impact Mapping, and a starting point for further design work with personas in each category.
For community: Residents and visitors see value and think to visit our website throughout the year
- Provide current information on events and activities: Universal access and communication
- Full support for mobile phones, tablets, etc.
- Social media links integrated
- Easy-to-read calendar (Outlook/Google calendar integration)
- Ability to join/update newsletter mailing list (MailChimp/CC integration) on-line
- Keep site up-to-date with accurate information throughout the year
- Public readily able to participate in activities and events: A rich set of easy-to-find information
- View/download brochure, schedule, guides, programs, forms, maps, etc. (Details on everything)
- Modern event registration (Eventbrite or similar service)
- Live chat window
- Town information for visitors from out of town including places to stay; help visitors plan a trip; leverage Chamber and other resources (partnership opportunities)
- Detailed event venue descriptions, maps, suggested walks and itineraries
- Automated password recovery process
- Celebrate contributions to the local community: Communicate our value and impact
- Organization Purpose
- Illustrate scale with metrics: # volunteers, # events, # exhibits, history, etc
- Business impact, quote from local businesses?
- Current (year) photos and videos of recent events
For our volunteers: Clear and crisp volunteer engagement experience
- Promote and facilitate volunteerism: Create a sense of opportunity and line-of-sight for success
- Provide a volunteer page with job descriptions and current open volunteer positions with associated contacts
- On-line volunteer registration enabling documentation of interests, skills, and experience for volunteer roles with Festival
- Training resources and best practices guides for new volunteers
- Program for our local school volunteers
- Celebrate volunteer work, stories, examples of individual and team success, news, innovation, length of service, etc
- Statement of our Value System
For our supporters:
- Promote and facilitate financial support: Ease and simplicity with modern tools
- Articulate how essential contributions are to operations and how funds are used
- Recognition levels and programs
- Accept donations on-line both on laptop/desktop and mobile devices
- Support sponsorship development: sponsorship program information, sponsorship kit, etc
- On-line storefront to sell logo merchandise
- Web-based artwork donation form for Art Auction with automated confirmation, thank you, and request to share information and promote the Auction with friends and contacts
- Special area for our mailing supporters
- Celebrate key financial contributors
For our business community: Make the organization easy-to-work with
- Engage key community stakeholders including businesses, town resources, other non-profit organizations and public
- Facility for sponsorship visibility
- Information on opportunities with important events
- Active links on our site to participant business pages
- On-line sign-up/express interest/contact me now
For our artists: Demonstrate active support for our artists
- Provide resources to support current and recruit new artists:
- On-line Artist Registry sign-up and administration
- On-line quick-and-easy web forms for exhibit sign-up and registration (with integrated payment as needed)
- Integrated contact support by function, not just general mailbox, e.g. vp volunteers, vp events, vp development, etc.
- Support for music series
- Narrative pages on both recent artists and long time contributing artists
For our web team members: Dynamic environment encouraging collaboration and initiative
- Provide site reporting information to web team and board
- Google Analytics
- SEO strategy
- Reporting on other integrated services including financial contributions, new volunteer sign-ups, registered artists, etc.
- Content management model: Easy to bring new volunteers into the process
- Support multiple content managers (team)
- Support consistent branding and identity management
- Content repository and sharing functionality for images, documents, video, etc.